The Greyhound/Whippet coat has been designed with their specific shape & elegant long necks in mind. This coat is also suitable for other ‘shaped’ breeds such as Lurchers.
Debbie has thoughtfully designed created this dog coat that has many unique features incorporated within it.
- Cosy & warm detachable snood.
- The snood on the Safe to Shake Greyhound/Whippet shaped waterproof coat detaches from the main coat so it becomes versatile to your dog’s needs according to the climate & the type of activity you do with your dog.
- The snood has a toggle so when being worn your dog does not have to feel the cold & wind rushing down his/her neck. Please ensure you do not pull this too tight around your dog’s neck, you will still need to be able to get at least the thickness of your fingers inside. Check this on occasions when you’re out on a walk.
- There is a useful zip within the snood to allow for the lead to be attached to the dogs collar. This will help eliminate heat escaping from the dogs neck.
- When the snood is detached there is a fleece collar to pull back over the remaining zip which looks aesthetically pleasing.
- The snood is fleece lined giving extra warmth. Please note this is not a thick fleece.
- The Safe to Shake Greyhound/Whippet shaped waterproof coat is available in two different types of material & two different colours. Please note both materials are waterproof.
- Oxford Denier 300 is a polyester fabric. This is the same type of material used when producing tents & umbrellas.
- The two colours available are – Purple, black & fluorescent yellow. Red, black & fluorescent orange.
- Let your dog carry their own poo bags by using the very handy press stud pocket provided on the exterior of the coat.
- Back leg straps are available for dogs who do not mind wearing them. They are ideal for when your dog is running around so that the coat stays in the correct position. Also to stop the coat folding back on windy days.
- Fluorescent strips have been used around the edge of the coat & along the back. This is so you can see your dog on dark days if out running & so motorist can see your dog if you are out on a walk.
- The shaped coat has a thin fleece. Debbie has designed it so that your dog has the heat from their own bodies due to their fur & movement & if they are out running they will not get overheated. If demand for a thicker fleece is required Debbie will provide this shaped coat in the future with a slightly heavier fleece.
- There are eight different sizes available – please ensure before ordering you have measured your dog correctly. The main measurement is the length of your dog’s back – measuring from the lower part of their neck to the end of the back (where the tail starts). The snood is not included in the measurements. It is very important that you have measured your dog correctly before ordering by using the size guide.
Sizing (Please see image for details)
Although Safe to Shake Drying Coats are designed to fit many breeds & variations of size within those breeds it will not be suitable for all dogs. Please measure your dog carefully before buying.
The safety & well being of your dog is of paramount importance to you & Safe to Shake. Never leave your dog alone while wearing any type of garment. Keep away from open fires, naked flames, electric & fan heaters. Always make sure they have fresh cold water to drink. Remove the coat if you see any signs of overheating, discomfort or anxiety.