How to use -:
The cooling coat arrives moist in a sealed bag. Soak thoroughly in cold water. Wring out the excess water leaving the coat slightly damp. If the coat dries during use, either sprinkle more water or take off and soak again. It is vital the coat remains wet during use.
Care for your Cooling Coat-:
Once the coat has been worn – rinse under clean running water, wring out till slightly damp & store in the sealed packaging provided until required again. If you are not using the coat for a period of time – such as over the winter months, it is suggested you allow it to dry out naturally and store as flat as possible, so not to allow mould or mildew to gather whilst sitting damp in a sealed bag. The coat will go hard during this prolonged period of time. When required again thoroughly wet the coat before slowly opening ready for using again – do not force open whilst dry.
Do not tumble dry. Do not wash in fabric conditioner.
Machine wash at 20 – 30 degrees max. If coat is in use store after washing in the sealed bag.
- Super absorbent
- Holds in water without wetting the your dogs fur.
- Essential in hot weather to keep your dog cool and comfortable
- Synthetic material is tough and durable
- Easy to put on your dog
- Available in blue.
Cooling/Drying towels are also available from Safe to Shake. These can also be used to help cool your dog and supplied in a plastic tube. (link)
- Its important to remember that your dog will still require hydration before, during & after their walk – especially in warm weather. Wearing a Safe to Shake dog cooling coat will not compensate for their need to drink water.
- It is essential the cooling coat remains wet during use. Keep a close eye on it during your walk to ensure it is wet. There is no set time on how long the coat will last during use – that will be determined on the strength of the sun.
- Please note – there are no back leg straps on the cooling coat, due to the design requirements, which may result in the rear of the coat may slip to one side. Please be vigilant to this. A solution to this is to tighten the waist band & to move it towards the middle of your dogs body.