Waterproof Walking Suit
The Safe to Shake waterproof suit has been designed to keep your dog dry, especially underneath their stomach & on their legs. The waterproof suit has been designed by the company owner Debbie who is a proud owner of two Spanish Water Dogs.
There are many unique features on the waterproof suit that will benefit you & your dog on wet, muddy & snowy days.
Detachable back legs.
- Essentially designed for some dogs that will not allow their back legs placed into dog suit.
- Having the legs detached allows your dog to initially wear part of the suit, so as they grow in confidence you will be able to introduce the back legs.
- If for any reason your new waterproof dog walking suit does not quite fit in length – it’s a little too short or long – rather than compromising your dog’s stride you have the ability to detach the back legs but still have protection on their front chest, front legs & underneath their stomachs.
Half leg Detachment via a zip
- Debbie has designed this feature essentially as a safety precaution.
- If the legs are too long there is a danger your dog will fall into the body of the coat whilst running. Having the ability to make the legs shorter combats this issue whilst at the same time still offer protection from the elements.
- Another benefit of taking half the leg off the suit is to create versatility, especially for the dogs that have shorter legs with long bodies.
Bright Yellow Reflectors
- Reflectors have been utilised do you can see your dog on those dark day/night walks so you can see them & others cannot miss them, especially road users.
- Reflectors are on the sides & importantly along the back of the coat.
Zip Flap Protector
- Underneath the zip that runs along your dog’s spine there is a flap of material that will ensure your dog’s fur does not get caught when zipping them into the suit.
- Cotton has been used inside the waterproof suit. Fleece is not required as your dog will have a danger of overheating. Your dog has fur & movement to keep warm plus their body will be covered by the suit.
Handy external pocket
- The pocket is perfect for letting your dog carry their own Poo bags.
Still do their business!
- Your dog will still be able to go to the toilet as there is a gap at the back & also it is shaped with elastic underneath for our boy dogs.
Waterproof suit colours
- At the moment there is the only one colour theme available. Black, earthy green & bright yellow reflectors. I’m sure your dog doesn’t really mind what colour he or she wears – they prefer to be protected from the elements so when they get home they are warm & dry. Please remember the Safe to Shake Indoor dog drying coat is also available.
Putting the waterproof suit on your dog
- Not all dogs take to wearing a coat first time, especially a waterproof suit that covers the majority of their body. This is something that you may have to train them to wear & the benefits are great (if only they understood that!)
- Take your time & do not expect too much too soon – little but often & make it a game with treats & a training clicker.
- Your dog may do the ‘star fish’ stance when they first have the waterproof suit on (legs spread apart) or they may just stand still & look at you with their big beautiful eyes. Give lots of encouragement for them to walk forwards. Distract their minds with a game or treats. Remember if you look worried & have a concerned voice they will sense that. Make is fun. Before you know it they will be walking with you forgetting there wearing the coat & more interested in getting out the front door. This method worked for Debbie & her two Spanish Water Dogs.
Please order on line but before you do ensure you have checked with the size guide. Order the correct size for your dog as due to hygiene reasons the suits cannot be returned. The main measurement to double check is the length (back) of your dog. From the neck (normally the collar line) to the back of the tail.
Sizing (Please see image for details)
Although Safe to Shake Drying Coats are designed to fit many breeds & variations of size within those breeds it will not be suitable for all dogs. Please measure your dog carefully before buying.
The safety & well being of your dog is of paramount importance to you & Safe to Shake. Never leave your dog alone while wearing any type of garment. Keep away from open fires, naked flames, electric & fan heaters. Always make sure they have fresh cold water to drink. Remove the coat if you see any signs of overheating, discomfort or anxiety.